Virtual Summer Math Program
Summer Program Director
This summer Ed Inquiry will lead a virtual summer math program for 2500 Massachusetts rising 5th to rising 8th grade students from the Gateway Cities. The Biggest Winner Math Challenge summer program will begin in June, training 50 teachers from across the country to deliver the 4 or 8 week course for advanced students of color across Massachusetts.
The Program Director will be a lead member of the program team, working with all levels of the program; reporting to the Managing Director; working directly with members of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) who is sponsoring the program for families in the Gateway Cities.
The Program Director reports directly to the Managing Director and will lead the summer team planning and delivering a successful 8-week highly engaging math program for rising 5th to rising 8th graders from across the Commonwealth.
This very high exposure, high demand position will be at the center of the 2021 Massachusetts Biggest Winner Math Challenge program.
This is a seasonal summer virtual position.
- Manage the day-to-day operations needed to create a safe and healthy virtual learning community for children during the 2021 summer math program designed for Massachusetts students.
- Manage multiple large project work streams, including digital content development, talent acquisition, parental outreach and coordination with the senior government officials sponsoring the efforts.
- Lead a highly motivated group of talented individuals as they complete required tasks, on timeline, on target and on budget.
- Handle project plans and spreadsheet models that are more complex than just adding rows and columns.
- Establish the accounting systems to manage the flow of funds to staff, interns and contractors working to finalize the Massachusetts’ program which will also include negotiating platform licenses and agreements needed.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum)
- 1-3 years of demonstrable management experience in a similar project or job
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to easily multi-task with the ability to transition smoothly between assignments.
- Resilient, hardworking, and team-oriented
- A strong believer that every student has the potential to learn.
- Prior work as a program director handling all facets of a program (including budget and finance).
Workdays / Hours
We will maintain a summer schedule Monday through Thursday from July through August. In June the Program Director will work with the design and development team in June as the final program is readied and staff are trained.
This project is virtual so those that can work remotely are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the program will serve a very diverse student population so we strongly encourage applicants of color to apply.
About the Program
The 2021 Biggest Winner Math Challenge
Culturally affirming, engaging, rigorous online learning community for students with advanced ability or interest in mathematics. Projects are designed to build math mastery, explore SEL competencies, encourage self-expression, enhance financial literacy while working in peer groups that are leveraging the latest digital platforms, solving real world life issues.
About Ed Inquiry
focused on the transformation of schools, especially those serving lower income communities. Our research-based, multicultural approach is supported by world class recognized innovators in education, analytics, technology, and business redesign. The foundation of our approach is data driven and analytical. We analyze all streams of school and district data to uncover opportunities for student growth or identify challenges to academic attainment. Our approach aligns best practices found within education with techniques and methods successfully used in the private sector supported by 21st century communication strategies.
If you are interested in applying for employment opportunities at Ed Inquiry, please electronically submit your cover letter (describing your interest) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ed Inquiry is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Providing a Diverse Academic Environment for its Students, Teachers, and Staff.This