Spring Casting Call for Teen Actors
Are you a student in a Massachusetts public high school that wants to participate in a video production that will be shot this spring and will air this summer in your town?
Are you excited by being on the set of a local video production company, working on a new series of videos related to learning new skills and subjects needed for the real world?
Are you able to submit a video audition for one of the roles out of several key parts that will be central to our storyline?
Are you available in May on weekends and in afternoons to work with a real world production company? Production schedule may last 1 week or less.
Are you computer literate with access to a good computer and fast reliable internet connections?
Summer 2021 Ed Inquiry Teen Actors will work as a small group with a professional production company as they create a video series based on Massachusetts high school students. Our Teen Actors, working with a coach, will get to see a full production from shooting to final screening. The final videos will be used across the Commonwealth in a summer math program in which 1000s of students will watch our characters as they tackle some real world issues like buying a car or getting an apartment.
Parts available include:
The role of Deidra: A high school student (female) that is buying a car to get back and forth to a new job. Deidra is a fashionista pictured to be a full figured Black student with a fashion conscious sense of style and self. Deidre, will be from Dorchester.
The role of Angelica: A Voc Tech high school student (female) that is studying automotive engineering in Lawrence. Angelica, a Latina female comes from a family where she learned about cars from the time she was young and is succeeding the mostly male shop world of her Voc Tech school.
The role of Slim: A Black male who is very good communicator and is able to speak with others in and outside of his community. Slim is the “code switch” king of the group. He is confident, self assured and very knowledgeable about how to navigate through many situations.
The role of Bernardo: Bernardo is a math wiz and also the person who is the logical and straightforward one in this group. He sees things very simplistically and in absolute ways. He is not socially aware of how he is perceived and does not understand social situations well. He often forgets about the nuance of the tasks and the social interactions that are required to get things done.
The role of Will: Is an older Latino male in his 20s who is the elder brother to our character, Angelica. Will is a teacher and a mentor to his sister and others. He is a quiet but deep young man providing insight and advice to our players.
Here is how you can try out! – Be sure to respond to the survey in step 1. Click the link.
- Step 1 – Respond to this survey – FILL IN SURVEY
- Step 2 – Be sure to have a parent authorize you for an audition in the survey
- Step 3 – Create a 3 – 5 minute video reading for one of the parts
- Step 4 – Upload your video using this link – UPLOAD VIDEO HERE
- Step 5 – Finalize your submission with an email to email@example.com
- Step 6 – We will review and advise you of next steps
What can you expect?
- If we want you to read for the part, we will reach out to you
- we will provide the script and materials for this audition prior
- We will then set up a time when you can read for the part in front of one of our producers
- During your audition you will have no more than 10 minutes to read your role and to communicate with our team
- We will not advise you after the read on what the determination is. However we will advise you with 3 days after your read if you are proceeding to the next stage where you may have to do a follow-up reading specifically for the part chosen by you or for you.
- If you are selected you will be contacted with authorization forms and details about the production schedule and the requirements
- If you agree to perform we will finalize with an agreement that will detail your role, expected shoot times and the amount you will be pad for your appearance.
- The details of the schedule are not yet finalized. But shooting will take place in May.
- Teen actors will be compensated for their time at completion of the videos.
About the Program
The 2021 Biggest Winner Math Challenge
Culturally affirming, engaging, rigorous online learning community for students with advanced ability or interest in mathematics. Projects are designed to build math mastery, explore SEL competencies, encourage self-expression, enhance financial literacy while working in peer groups that are leveraging the latest digital platforms, solving real world life issues.
About Ed Inquiry
focused on the transformation of schools, especially those serving lower income communities. Our research-based, multicultural approach is supported by world class recognized innovators in education, analytics, technology, and business redesign. The foundation of our approach is data driven and analytical.
If you are interested in applying for employment opportunities at Ed Inquiry for this summer, please electronically submit your cover letter describing your interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ed Inquiry is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Providing a Diverse Academic Environment for its Students, Teachers, and Sta”