Summer Virtual Math Instructors
Are you an educator that wants to enhance your pedagogy and practice as you meet other like-minded, mission-driven educators from across the country making middle school math engaging and enjoyable?
Are you excited by the possibilities of leading small groups of motivated students of color that have demonstrated their skill, ability and love of math?
Are you the educator that can engage students so much that they arrive early and want to stay late?
Are you interested in learning the latest best remote instruction practices like, personalized learning using social emotional infused rigorous content developed by educators of color for students of color?
Are you interested in collaboration while working with advanced Massachusetts students of color, even though you maybe 100, 500 or 3000 miles away?
Are you computer literate, with access to a good computer a fast and a reliable internet connection?
Are you able to allocate 3 days per week to enhance your skills, gain experience that will broaden your reach as an educator while joining a network of mission-driven colleagues?
Are YOU the educator that can lead Massachusetts’ rising 5th to rising 8th grade students on an engaging journey where they can apply mathematical concepts to real world issues like buying a car, getting an apartment or going off to college?
Summer 2021 Ed Inquiry Team Leaders will work with small groups of advanced students of color in virtual Zoom classrooms 3 days per week in 3 groups of 10 – 15 students. Using a blended learning curriculum, supported by content created by educators of color for children of color, the team leader will engage students in 12 sessions in July and/or 12 sessions in August. Each Team leader will be assisted in their virtual classroom by a trained high school assistant. Team leaders can sign up for the July Session or the August Session depending on need. Flexible times throughout the day maybe also be available. This is a seasonal summer virtual position. Educators of color are strongly urged to apply.
- Engage students in real world middle school math class projects.
- Inspire students to think deeper about math concept they have and will learn
- Teach common core aligned math skills for grade 4 through 8
- Teach middle school mathematics topics aligned with the common core
- Provide a safe, engaging and fun online environment conducive to learning
- Learn and share the latest strategies related to social and emotional growth and survival
- Work with trained high school assistant that has expressed a desire to become a teacher
- Train and work with other math educators across the country all conveniently online
- Become a contributor to a unique and innovative math program sponsored by The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Proven success as an educator that can inspire children
- Ability and desire to make Math fun for children
- Demonstrable experience teaching elementary and middle school math
- Excellent interpersonal skills and on-screen persona
- Bachelor’s degree in Math or other related subject from an accredited college or university
- Minimum one year of experience working in a classroom setting
- Exposure to or experience in other than U.S. models of Math Education is a plus
- Familiarity with Math Competitions is a plus
- The ability to collaborate and communicate with student, staff and colleagues around the program’s objectives goals, and expectations.
Additionally, all summer staff bring a commitment to our mission of unleashing students’ potential through mentoring and transformative experiences, as well as the ability to thrive in an environment that values excellence, gratitude, well-being, diversity, authenticity, and collaboration.
Workdays / Hours
· Team leaders must commit to 3 blocks of 2 hours each of synchronous instruction per day
· Teaching days on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
· Teaching blocks available throughout the day
· Must be able to commit to an assigned daily schedule
· Must commit to the July, August or both sessions
About the Program
The 2021 Biggest Winner Math Challenge
Culturally affirming, engaging, rigorous online learning community for students with advanced ability or interest in mathematics. Projects are designed to build math mastery, explore SEL competencies, encourage self-expression, enhance financial literacy while working in peer groups that are leveraging the latest digital platforms, solving real world life issues.
About Ed Inquiry
focused on the transformation of schools, especially those serving lower income communities. Our research-based, multicultural approach is supported by world class recognized innovators in education, analytics, technology, and business redesign. The foundation of our approach is data driven and analytical.
If you are interested in applying for employment opportunities at Ed Inquiry for this summer, please electronically submit your cover letter describing your interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ed Inquiry is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Providing a Diverse Academic Environment for its Students, Teachers, and Staff.