Returning to Massachusetts this SUMMER!!!
The 2022 Biggest Winner Math Challenge
The pre-registration deadline has been extended from June 15th to June 27th. Early registrations will have preference.
Culturally affirming, engaging, rigorous online learning community for middle school students with advanced ability or interest in mathematics. Real world projects are designed to build math mastery, learn financial literacy, enhance social emotional competency, encourage self-expression while working in small peer groups using the latest digital learning tools, applying math to real world life issues.
For more informations or related questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is this for?
- ~2500 public school students
- Rising 7th through rising 9th grade
- Recruited from participating LEAs
- For academically advanced math students
- For the 2022 summer research pilot
What did students experience in 2021?
During the summer of 2021, Biggest Winner Math Challenge students were able to follow the journey of a high school senior as she purchased a car. Working in small peer groups, they learned financial literacy and developed their math and social skills. The Biggest Winner Math Challenge returns for another year and another adventure.
2022 Biggest Winner Math Challenge
· Educators from VERY diverse communities thriving in an inclusive, collaborative hive of educational innovation
Project Contributors last Summer 2021
When does the Biggest Winner start?
- 6 Weeks: July 11 – August 17
- Students will meet remotely M, T, W
- Classes will be 90 minutes
- Class availability from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Community building events throughout
- Enrollment begins in June!
Not camp or school
A virtual summer math community
- Culturally affirming engaging math program
- Project based learning
- Financial literacy that is accessible and understandable
- Explore real world projects in teams
- Buying a car
- Renting an apartment
- Planning for college
- Deeper learning of math concepts
- Discussion then application
- Real world situations
- Training on self-paced ed tech
- Learning how to learn
- Using latest tools
- Extensive use of digital content & media
- Skills of tomorrow, taught today
- SEL strategies embedded and modeled
- Learn SEL from peer models
- Explore and identify SEL strategies
- Responsible digital literacy
Guided by Massachusetts Academic Frameworks
Recruiting Math Instructors Too!
- Motivated instructors recruited nationally
- Assisted by passionate paid high school interns
- Curriculum designed by a diverse and inclusive community of educators
- A virtual space for passionate educators to collaborate and innovate
Join our campaign and close
the “Excellence Gap”!
School leaders if you are interested in having your students participate in this innovative summer math program, at no charge to your school or families, email email@example.com .
If you are a great math teacher and are interested in leading a few small teams of advanced students through a summer of project work on real world math then this may be for you. You can teach from anywhere these days and if you have a good internet connection, a commitment to excellence in education for ALL students, a desire to learn and work with other motivated math teachers while working with some of the greatest students from Massachusetts then email a letter of interest and your resume and let’s start the conversation. firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Campaign and Spread the Excitement
The Biggest Winner Math Challenge was first piloted in 2013 in New Orleans.. In target grades in the pilot school, students that were struggling, math scores increased 22%. In the second year, 2 schools piloted the Biggest Winner Campaign exposing children to self paced, personalized tools for learning math and a community-wide campaign to engage parents and students. Both schools improved math outcomes. The pilot school in its second year moved from a D rated school to a C rated school based solely on math outcomes year over year
Theme song recorded in 2014 at McDonough 32 in New Orleans during the 2nd year pilot.
- For more information email: email@example.com
if you are interested in being an instructor or summer high school intern or working on our project teams send an email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE QUALIFIED and MOTIVATED PEOPLE OF COLOR TO APPLY.
3 days per week in July and August. Compensation commensurate with experience, skill in teaching and desire to reach children an encourage them in advanced math.