Virtual Summer Math Program
Teen Intern Program Manager
Contract to Perm
Are you ready to join a mission driven company focused on transforming educational opportunities for public school students across the country?
Are you interested in impacting the next generation of future leaders with diverse backgrounds?
Are you excited by the possibility of leading a team of motivated youth and working collaboratively with them to support and promote their growth and success?
If yes, read on.
Ed Inquiry is a virtual education research firm created by a small innovative diverse team of educators focused on closing the achievement and excellence gaps. We are a mission driven organization and seek others that share the goal of expanding access to a quality education for ALL students.
We are looking for a Teen Internship Program Manager who is ready to demonstrate their ability and impact by designing the enhanced 2022 summer Ed Inquiry Teen Leadership intern program. Massachusetts high school students will be recruited and trained to assist instructors in our summer session virtual classrooms.
The goal of the teen internship program is to provide high school students with work experience and exposure to the field of K-12 education as a career possibility.
The Teen Internship Program Manager for Ed Inquiry must be a self-starter, capable of working within a very high energy and highly focused team of individuals that are breaking new ground in K-12 education. We are looking for someone innovative and creative that can design and implement an enriching Teen Internship Program. The ideal candidate is someone who can lead with a positive and energetic attitude while also providing support for the teen interns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage approximately 50 teen interns.
- Design and implement the processes of the teen intern role from onboarding to off-boarding for the season and/or returning for the following season.
- Responsible for attaining required paperwork for employment (work permits) needed from teens and their parents in order to ensure a smooth start of the summer program.
- Create a process of communication with the staff and instructors in order to have a clear understanding of how the interns can support the program’s goals and priorities.
- Design and implement teen intern workflows and standard operating procedures for special projects assigned to the intern cohort.
- Manage teens’ schedules and ensure timely submission of their timesheets for payroll processing.
- Oversee weekly Intern Leaders’ meetings.
- Able to build strong relationships and rapport with the teen interns, in order to create a positive work experience.
- Advocate for and support interns so they may reach their full potential.
- Be well versed in multicultural team work and be comfortable working within an inclusive and diverse virtual group of interns.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to a fast changing environment.
Education and Experience Required
- Experience working with teens or youth-serving organizations is preferred.
- Ability and commitment to build relationships with youth of diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience in working and leading virtual programs.
- Experience designing and implementing systems and processes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
This position is both virtual and flexible. We believe in families and flex time. Expect to work up to 40 hours per week depending on the cycle and the schedule of programs running. This is a contract position with the option for full time employment in 2022. Our staff are located throughout the country and connect virtually daily.
Ed Inquiry serves a very diverse student population and we take pride in our diverse staff and inclusive environment, so we strongly encourage applicants of color to apply.
If you are interested in applying for employment opportunities at Ed Inquiry, please electronically submit your cover letter (describing your interest) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Ed Inquiry
Ed Inquiry is a 21st century, multicultural, education research company focused on the transformation of schools, especially those serving lower income communities. Our research-based, multicultural approach is supported by world class recognized innovators in education, analytics, technology, and business redesign. The foundation of our approach is research based, data driven and analytical. We analyze all streams of school and district data to uncover opportunities for student growth or identify challenges to academic attainment. Our approach aligns best practices found within education with techniques and methods successfully used in the private sector supported by 21st century communication strategies.
Ed Inquiry LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to providing a diverse and inclusive academic environment for its students, instructors, and staf