Contract to Perm
Are you ready to join a mission driven company focused on transforming educational opportunities for public school students across the country?
Are you interested in developing and inspiring the next generation of young leaders from very diverse backgrounds?
Are you a creative problem solver using technology and data? If so, read on.
Ed Inquiry is a virtual education research firm created by a small innovative team of diverse educators focused on closing the achievement and excellence gaps. We are a mission driven organization and seek others that share the goal of expanding access to a quality education for all students.
We are looking for a Technology Manager who is responsible for overseeing the technical infrastructure of our programs, ensuring Ed Inquiry’s educational technology platforms are secure, reliable, and accessible.
The Technology Manager for Ed Inquiry must be an experienced self-starter, capable of working within a very high energy and highly focused virtual team of individuals that are breaking new ground in education. The ideal candidate is a technology leader with experience in developing infrastructure for public K-12 schools or for developing the technology infrastructure for a new company that is growing rapidly.
If you would enjoy working in a mission driven environment; have strong technology skills in platforms such as Google Workspace, IXL, Iready, Microsoft Office, VBA, STATA and other tech tools; thrive in an inclusive national virtual community that is focused on engaging and inspiring students then this may be the opportunity for you. We strongly encourage applicants of color to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Become the administrator for the Ed Inquiry technology infrastructure overseeing the implementation and integration of Google Workspace, Zoom and various technology platforms.
- Work with Ed Inquiry’s third-party technology platform vendor to ensure security and interoperability so as to deliver an environment that meets the needs of instructors and students during our Summer programs.
- Oversee the integration and maintenance of cloud infrastructure for learning analytics.
- Ensuring that technology standards are met including security, scalability, monitoring, and agility.
- Provide instruction and ongoing technical support to project staff, instructors and teen interns as needed.
- Be well versed in multicultural team work and be comfortable working within an inclusive and diverse virtual group of professionals.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to a fast changing environment.
Education and Experience Required
- Demonstrable work experience in IT systems, networks, operations, cloud-based systems, cyber security, and development. Prior experience in K – 12 technologies is a major plus.
- Significant knowledge of information security tools and protocols for computers and mobile devices.
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding and abilities using various software platforms to support the recruitment process.
- General knowledge and familiarity of virtual workspaces.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
This position is virtual. Expect to work up to 40 hours per week depending on the seasonal cycle and the schedule of programs running. This is a contract position with the option for a full time engagement. Our staff are located throughout the country and connect virtually daily.
Ed Inquiry works with very diverse students and instructors. We take pride in having staff that is representative of the families we serve, so we strongly encourage applicants of color to apply.
If you are interested in applying for employment opportunities at Ed Inquiry, please electronically submit your cover letter (describing your interest) and resume to email@example.com
About Ed Inquiry
Ed Inquiry is a 21st century, multicultural, education research company focused on the transformation of schools, especially those serving lower income communities. Our research-based, multicultural approach is supported by world class recognized innovators in education, analytics, technology, and business redesign. The foundation of our approach is research based, data driven and analytical. We analyze all streams of school and district data to uncover opportunities for student growth or identify challenges to academic attainment. Our approach aligns best practices found within education with techniques and methods successfully used in the private sector supported by modern communication strategies.
Ed Inquiry LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a diverse and inclusive academic environment for its students, instructors, and staff.